Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Madarine Chicken Salad



One of my favorite chicken salad is Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad. On Friday, and have good O'Charleys is even better. Extra green romaine, pecan crusted chicken tenders, mandarin oranges, dried cranberries, crumbled blue cheese, candied pecans and served with a balsamic vinaigrette sauce just tastes so darn good. At 1020 calories, I had to create a lighter version of the home.

When I was skinny and research in creating a cleaner version, I was shocked to see where most of the calories came from. Pecan, pecans, pecans! Now, these nuts have no nutritional value, but the extra is not needed here. So the first change I made was a battered pecan chicken. I used brown rice bread crumbs Batter my chicken breasts instead of pecans. One cup of crushed Pecan is approximately 750 calories compared to 160 calories in a cup of brown rice bread crumbs. Brown rice has also lower the glycemic index food with gluten-free. Chicken breast, first dipped in egg whites and 1 cup of brown rice bread crumbs are used Batter raw chicken breast. This is a 590 calorie difference between the use of crushed pecans. Once a battered chicken baked in a pan coated with 0 calories, 0 fat oil spray instead of fried. Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment